Lapwai Sanitation Services
Regular curbside and commercial sanitation are serviced by Sanitary Disposal of Lewiston, ID. They can be reached at 208.743.4075.
To set up services or for more information on available services, call City Hall at 208.843.2212.
In order to provide the best service possible here are a few friendly reminders to ensure quality service on pickup day:
Residential Curbside Services
1. Garbage can must be out to the street by 6:30 am Friday mornings.
2. Residential garbage cans must be 5 ft away from any objects including overhanging vegetation.
3. Dead animals or portions thereof placed for collection must weigh less than 10 pounds and be securely tied in a plastic bag and in a container with a tight fitting lid.
4. Broken concrete, rocks, plaster, discarded building materials, trees, large tree limbs and other bulky waste may not be placed for collection as household waste.
5. Bags of yard waste weighing less than 35lbs may be placed curbside for collection if they contain leaves, grass cuttings, weeds and hedge trimmings.
6. Loose paper, waste basket material, waste paper, etc… must be placed in covered containers.
All the items listed above must be followed or your sanitation container will not be emptied.
Lapwai Container Site
Lapwai’s Container Site is currently closed until further notice. This is a City of Lapwai and not a Nez Perce County drop site. Click here for County Sanitation information.
Large items, metal, and yard waste can be disposed of at Lapwai’s Container Site, which is located north of town on Third St West. Please do not leave larger items on the streets, curbside service will not pick those up. Lapwai’s Container Site is a local residential drop site, managed by the City of Lapwai, and contractors are not allowed to dump at the site. For questions regarding use of this site please contact Lapwai City Hall @ 208.843.2212.
City residents can dispose of loose, un-bagged yard waste at Lapwai’s Container Site, local land fills, or Eko Systems Inc..
Although we encourage recycling, at this time there is no official recycling service set up as of yet. The Nez Perce Tribe does provide containers for recyclables. Contact Nez Perce Tribe’s Water Resource Program for more information.
With increased sanitation cost everywhere, illegal dumping is becoming a problem in many communities and in turn increases cost to local residents. The City asks our residents to report any illegal dumping that you may witness, by writing down license plate numbers and turning into the City for prosecution.
Warning:Cameras are installed at the Drop-off site and fines will be imposed to those who are dumping illegally.
At least once a year there will be a City-wide cleanup day. These days will be advertised in advance.
Lapwai City Code Title 8 Health and Safety is available for review at City Hall.